Congratulations! You’ve been nominated to represent your school at West Michigan Student Showcase!
We need some information from you in order to compile our program and script.
Most forms are due no later than Thursday, January 27, 2022 (EXTENDED: January 31, 2022)
Your School Coordinator will be informed of your progress along the way.
Each category has its own guidelines.
COVID Mitigation Policy
The MAISD COVID Mitigation Policy below is in effect for Student Showcase 2022 for the collective safety of all Showcase participants and staff.
- Everyone present must properly wear a mask at all times when not performing.
- A two-question screener should be asked of everyone before entering the facility:
- Are you sick or feeling ill? (do you have: a temperature of 100.4 F or higher; signs of fever; sore throat; uncontrolled cough; severe headache; loss of taste or smell; or other flu-like symptoms?)
- Have you recently been asked to quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19?
- If the answer to either question above is yes, please do not attend Showcase events and contact the Showcase Executive Producer for further instructions.
- Any other requirements that the Frauenthal deems necessary must also be followed
NOTE: This is a fluid situation and requirements may change if needed.
Here are the relevant dates for Showcase nominees.
- January 27, 2022 – ALL electronic forms and submissions are due. Complete Forms here. (EXTENDED TO January 31, 2022)
- February 5 OR 12, 2022 – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – All Performing Arts Nominees must attend a workshop at the Frauenthal Theater on one of these dates. You will be assigned a specific time slot on one date.
- February 15, 2022 – Which night your school will perform at Showcase will be announced.
- February 17, 2022 – All Digital Media (Video) AND Literary Arts entries must be submitted.
- February 24 OR 25, 2022 – 3:00-5:30 pm – All Visual Arts entries must be received at the Reception Gallery at the Frauenthal Center on these dates.
- March 2-30, 2022 – 9:00 am-5:30 pm – Visual Arts entries will be on display in the Reception Gallery at the Frauenthal Center.
- March 16 OR 17, 2022 – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – All Performing Arts Nominees must attend for their assigned rehearsal timeslot. After rehearsal, performers must return to the theater at 6:00 pm for the show. Awards will be presented at the conclusion of the show on May 27th.
- April 1, 2022 – 3:00-5:30 pm – All Visual Arts entries must be picked up at the Reception Gallery at the Frauenthal Center on this date.